Hello ladies and gentlemen,
Hope you are having a great day. I’m having an okay day. On Tuesday, March 19, 2018, I went to A Taste of Eat Lafayette, an event with many restaurants here in Lafayette giving you a taste of what they cook. It was great! I loved it because I could taste food from so many places in one place. But the food ran out soon, and they didn’t have juices. Also, around 7 PM they also ran out of water. They only had drinks for adults and soft drinks. I don’t drink soft drinks. But I liked that they had a Coca-Cola Machine that you hugged and it gave you a drink, but everybody I know that tasted that Coke didn’t like it. It came in a green can. It had a bad taste. But back to the food guys.
Some food tasted good, some not so much. They had huge lines, so I didn’t get to taste much, but the grilled fish from Delcambre Seafood Market was great, Veronica’s Café chicken fricassé was also good. Emerge Kitchen had nice little tasty bars and Bj’s chicken was also very delicious. I ate Tribe Collective’s roasted garlic chicken two times, but I didn’t like their balsamic chicken. I also didn’t like a spinach dip, and other food that was salty. I met many chefs and talked about food with them.
I give this event 4 starts and a half, and definitely recommend you attend it next year. It was fun and made me aware of more restaurants and their delicious food! That’s that ladies and gentleman, have a good one.
The Kritic Says:
- 4 1/2 Starts
- The event was in the Cajundome Convention Center, the place was clean, not too crowded, and it was well organized.
- My mom and I didn’t have to pay for the tickets, but if we had to it was okay. They had so many restaurants that it would have made it okay.
- They had a seafood competition and they crowned the winner, that was cool to watch. Plus I like Blue Dog’s food, so I agree. They also had a coke machine that you could hug. That was fun to do.
- They didn’t have juices, ran out of water and food. Also, they had so many restaurants that they need big signs to label it. Many times I tasted food and didn’t know exactly from what restaurant because they were all together and very close.
- Everybody was nice and I got to know more places, taste more food and now bug my mom to take me to many places so I can see the menu and see if I really like it.